The garage door is the face of the home. It is one of those things that we take for granted inside and out. Like everything, there are many options to refinish, upgrade, or replace an out-of-date garage door. Below are tips on how to make your garage great!
Can you imagine your life without a garage? That is, if you have one already. This might mean getting into an uncomfortably cold or hot car. And how about all of the items you store in your garage? Where would you put the lawn mower, bicycle and recycle bin?
Now think about your garage and how big of a presence it has on your home. It’s one of the first things people see when they pull up to your house. Does it add curb appeal or make people cringe? Just like many things in life, we might take a garage for granted. Think about living in an apartment when having a garage is an extra expense. Now you have a home and a garage that needs to be appreciated – and maybe updated.
In 2017, consider upgrading your garage. It is a prominent part of the home that you can make stand out any way you like.
Below are a 7 ways that you can upgrade your garage:
- Purchase a new garage door – There are many different residential garage doors available, from modern aluminum to classic wood. We have numerous, garage door options that will add value and curb appeal to your home.
- Get a quiet and durable door opener – A loud garage door can indicate operational problems. Allow us to come out and inspect your door. Having a garage door should not be a nuisance. Instead, it can be a wonderful and appealing addition to the home.
- Purchase a door report remote – This advanced remote will tell you when your garage door is properly closed. You’ll never have to wonder again!
- Paint the outside of the garage – A nice paint job might be all you need. Try out our garage door design app to see what your door will look like with new colors and/or features.
- Add weather stripping – It might be time to replace weather stripping to help keep out the cold and hot temperatures.
- Replace springs – Replacing tension springs can be a dangerous job. Leave this one to us. We can assess the current state of your springs and decide if it’s time to get something new.
- Put a keypad on the outside of the door – Never get locked out again!
If you have windows in your garage door, are they in good shape? Are they thin and flimsy, or solid and thick? It might be a good idea to purchase a new garage door with higher quality windows.
Upgrading your garage door will not cost as much as other upgrades in the home. It can also add value that people can see simply by driving by! Give us a call if you are interested in showing your garage door a little appreciation this year.